Monday, June 18, 2007

Orphanage news..

The thing is, my kid lives in an orphanage in China. This puts a damper on our relationship in so many ways. I'm done with this form of childcare and I don't recommend it to others. I'd like to just SKIP this and bring Reagan home, for crying out loud. That being said, if you have to spend time in institutional care, the Chenzhou City Social Welfare Institute is a 5-star establishment.



I've only heard good things about her orphanage and the "aunties" and directors who care for the children. A woman who just visited Ru's town last week said they've all made it through the floods and the orphanage was just fine. Thank God! She also told me that my daughter was being well cared for and loved.



Most likely we will not get to visit Ru's orphanage. I'd really like to see her home but the woman I just mentioned had to plan her trip months in advance and since China isn't exactly forthcoming with travel arrangments, I don't see this little excursion as part of our visit. Ru will be brought to the Hunan Province capitol, Changsha and we will meet her there at the Civil Affairs Office. We'll go some day though. I want to say thank you to the men and women who cared for our daughter and I want to see her world since I've missed out on so much.

No comments: