Sunday, August 19, 2007

100 Good Wishes Indeed...

As if our friends and family had not blessed us enough, tonight they surprised us with the best gift yet...our 100 Good Wishes quilt. At least two years ago, I jokingly told Leanna and Shannon that they needed to make Reagan a quilt when we got her. I explained the Chinese tradition, said I'd gather the squares and everything but let's face it, I shouldn't be anywhere near a sewing machine or even a needle, for that matter, so they had to do the actual quilting. We've mentioned it a couple times since but in truth, I gave up on the idea because I was so caught up in other adoption and house-related tasks.

They did NOT forget or give up, however and I'm eternally grateful. This quilt is fantastic and each square means so much to us. I can not believe how many of you took time from your lives to send in a square and a wish for Reagan. You have richly blessed us for so many years and this is the icing on the cake. This is one of those items I'll carry downstairs with me when the tornado sirens go off. It's a treasure. Thank you.

Angie, I get it now. ;)

1 comment:

Chris, Julee, Aiden and Kailen said...

Can you send us a pic of it altogether so we can enjoy it too!! Glad you love it....we were glad to be a small piece of it!