Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Confession

I miss Reagan when she sleeps. Isn't that stupid? I mean, the kid WEARS ME OUT all day long. She's curious about everything, she terrorizes the cats, she eats like a linebacker and she wants me to play, play, play. And she still doesn't have true appreciation for cleanliness.

Yet right now she's sleeping and I miss her. I miss how soft her face is, so smooth and without a single blemish. I miss her hot, formula breath on my face when she gives me an open-mouth kiss. I miss her scrunchy smile as we've come to call it.

I think I'll go look at her one more time.

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the exact feelings! I love you, Mama

Adrienne said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying every aspect of parenting--even watching Reagan sleep!
Adrienne