Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to me all year long!

So yesterday I turned 31. It was a lovely day and the party continues today because our best friends are coming over for some fun. However, I just spent the whole day thinking about LAST year at this time.

Last year when I turned 30, we whooped it up. I'd been waiting so long to AGE, for the love! China wouldn't let us come get Reagan until we were both 30 and Danny kindly hit that milestone 2 years ago. Our dossier was sent via Fed Ex October 13, 2006 and was delivered to the CCAA on my birthday, October 15, 2006. Nothing else mattered. We were DTC!!

Now, I love presents. No way can I deny that. I made a list, passed it out to family and friends and waited for the loot to pour in. However, yesterday even as I accepted wonderful gifts, I kept thinking, "Gee. What I really want to do right now is play with Reagan." When people asked, "Big plans for your birthday?" I answered honestly that we were just staying home to be with our girl. In a bizarre twist of events, I attended the KC Ballet alone on Saturday. We have season tickets. I am in to the ballet and Danny goes along because he's in to me. I had a fabulous time and sat in Danny's seat (he's not getting it back, it's better than mine). However, I called Danny at intermission so I could be updated on what Reagan had experienced in the whopping 60 minutes since I'd left her.

So I guess all of this is to say, every day is my birthday now that we have Reagan. I know so many of you are still waiting and my heart aches for you. Believe me, I know the pain and the frustration and the anxiety. At the end of the road for you is good stuff. Trust me on this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Hope your day was fabulous. So sorry that you had to go to the ballet alone. And don't let one "no" discourage you. Ask me again...soon. I like your baby girl a lot!

Carla said...

I know good stuff awaits, which is why I'm so incredibly READY TO GO ALREADY!!!!!

I did the depressing Math today...if we get LOA next week, earliest travel is here...LOA by Halloween...earliest travel is HERE...all the way out through Christmas. DEPRESSING.