Sunday, October 7, 2007

These Boots Were Made for Walking...

I don't write on the blog often enough and I know it but I have a reason, people!

Reagan knows how to walk. She's been on the move for a couple of weeks now. She prefers walking to all other modes of transport. I'm constantly impressed with her ability to turn into a noodle right there in my arms. She slips down the front or side of my body, wiggling the entire time until her feet hit the floor and then she's off. I've literally started sleeping in my tennis shoes so I can keep up with her from the instant she wakes up in the morning.

On the weekends, if she gets too far ahead of me, I scream out desperately to Danny who pops up to continue the chase while I collapse on the floor, gasping for air and drooling just a little bit. During the week, I'm on my own. Obviously, this leaves no time for blogging about Reagan. Who has time to write when the computer is a mere blur of technology as we scamper by in hot pursuit of the cat or a ball or something I can't see but which Reagan can't stop pointing to or squealing about?

I'm a shell of my former self. The cats are more neurotic than ever (and that's saying something if you know our Psalms and Autumn). We've managed to childproof the kitchen and one bathroom but we doubt these pathetic bits of plastic will stop Reagan for long. She holds on to the cabinet doors and shakes them like she's The Incredible Hulk. Yesterday, she was quiet for more than 20 seconds which means I've dropped the ball and she's either hanging off the edge of something or drinking poison. I whipped around only to find her staring intently at my hands. I'd been pushing the plastic doo-hickey down so I could access the cabinet. And she knows how I did it. I could literally see her mind working it all out.

Currently, she's taking a pre-church nap and I need to take a shower. I just wanted to check in with you, to let you know we are alive but just barely. I can't believe we actually encouraged her to learn this new skill. What in the world were we thinking?!

No comments: