Monday, March 3, 2008

Splish, Splash I was washing my hair...

A few mornings ago I washed my hair in our bathroom sink. Reagan played around my feet and carried socks and underwear out of the laundry to sprinkle around the room. Usual stuff.

When I was done, I wrapped my hair up in my big, towel turban and went to find my toddler who'd been quiet far too long. I stepped across the hall into what can only be described as a commercial for Oceans of Fun.

Reagan, little mimic that she is, decided to wash her hair. Her sink? My little mechanic took a part her room's humidifier. She leaned over the bowl of water and dipped her hand in it to then pour the water on her head. She'd been at it for some time because her entire upper body was basically soaked through. She hummed a little bit to herself (just as I'd been doing) while she splish splashed and washed her hair in leftover humidifier drainage.

Obviously, I freaked out. You know me.

I came up behind her and such was her concentration, she didn't notice my arrival. I screeched, "REAGAN!" and this made her throw her hands (and a bunch of water) into the air. She screamed and ran (please note, if she wants your toy, she'll fight you. If she's frightened, she prefers the flight method).

Reagan galloped screaming (with terror and guilt) down the hall, water falling in great, big drops all over my floor. I tore after her but had to stop halfway out of her room because it's hard to run when you're doubled over in laughter.

I couldn't help myself. I was in hysterics. It was like being in junior high all over again. I was sitting in church like a good, little girl and the instant the pastor started to pray, I got the giggles. It was uncontrollable though I tried to cover it up with fake coughs. The same thing happened the other day. I knew it was naughty. She'd made a huge mess but dang it, Reagan is a hoot!

So I pointed my finger and I struggled through a little lecture but Reagan could see my lip curling and my eyes watering and pretty soon she was laughing too and then we collapsed on the floor in one big puddle and hugged and snickered a bit more.

I can see that discipline isn't going to be my forte. I can also see that Reagan is crafty and good with her hands. Plus she has a serious devotion to personal hygiene and who can fault her for that?

11 comments:

Carla said...

and the picture is WHERE?! because I know you stopped and took a photo first...right?! Please please oh please tell me you did.

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheri said...

Another AWAA mom here. Oh man, that was a GREAT play by play! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile! I could actually picture the whole thing! I agree with Carla, where's the picture?

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Sadly girls, there is no picture. Remember I'm still a new mom and have yet to purchase a waterproof camera. It's on my Mother's Day list, however.

Carla said...

Who needs a waterproof camera? I mean, you knew she wasn't drowning...a few seconds to grab it....shoot the image...then collapse on the floor laughing your head off. Oh yeah, you had to punish her. Glad it was you and not me punishing that sweet little one. ;)

Jennifer said...

Hilarious!!! I can picture the whole affair. I was laughing right along here at my computer!

(but I thought you carried your camera around your neck...It's what I'm gonna do when Noelle comes...) ;-)

Jen

Lisa said...

Ok, the waterproof camera comment was meant as a joke. A bad one, apparently. I try to snap pictures as much as I can but at this particular moment, the camera was the last thing on my mind.