Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby's stinky diaper

I have 3,000 things to do on the computer this morning from email answering to calendar updating to some writing. Usually when I attempt to do this while Reagan is conscious, I'm stuck with a squirmy toddler balancing on my lap while I try to write. She wiggles and reaches for pens (and then writes on herself), pounds the keyboard, knocks things over, scolds the cat for being on the desk and is basically a deterrent to all things I'm trying to accomplish.

Today I wised up.

I moved her high chair in here beside me. I've been on the computer a full 45-minutes of productiveness while Reagan plays beside me. She's colored (on paper!), brushed her hair and most recently, dealt with her baby's stinky diaper.

Let me back up.

When Reagan makes a super fun diaper for us to change we say, "Reagan, do you have a stinky diaper?" knowing full well that she does. I mean, you don't ask that if you can't already smell the results of whatever she's produced in her pants. So then all the way to her room we discuss the stink and often I wave my hand in front of my face and say, "stinky" and call her a skunk and other endearing terms inspired by odorous creatures.

Just now Reagan pulled her baby's clothes off (one of her latest and most beloved tricks) and then starting squealing, "Tinky! Tinky!" at me at full volume. I turned to see her waving her hand in front of her nose, pointing with her other hand at her baby's bottom! She even let out her version of "pee-ew." Apparently, all those cups of air that Baby drinks have finally resulted in a stinky diaper!

I got one of Reagan's diapers from her room and she promptly changed her baby's offensive hiney into a fresh diaper while I took pictures of the whole situation. You'll be glad to know that Baby is no longer stinky, Reagan isn't either and the cat and I are doing ok, as well.

2 comments:

Carla said...

oooh, great idea! High chair by the computer!

and I'm rolling here at Reagan's doll having a stinky diaper.

cooking copy said...

These diapers are chlorine and fragrance and latex free, and also hypoallergenic. not only are these diapers good for your baby but also the environment as well.pannolini senza inchiostri