Friday, September 21, 2007

Sugar and Spice, For the Love!

Reagan is a GIRL child. Why is this so hard for people to grasp?
Before I even held my precious DAUGHTER in my arms, I had to defend her gender. Our guide said (as they were bringing her to us), "Oh, a boy! He's adorable!" Now, Reagan's nannies had dressed her in a hot pink tank top, flower-covered shorts and lacy pale blue socks for the occasion. Boy, indeed.

Then in the elevator one of our AWAA families commented on how cute HE was. At the doctor's office, with Reagan completely dolled up in pink and purple stripes, a man asked "What is it? A boy or a girl?" Good grief. (And also, for the record, the correct way to phrase that question is "Is your baby a little girl or a little boy?" 'It' is not a pronoun used for children!

So if any of you have been confused, Reagan is a girl, a female, a young lady. I'm a bit tense this morning in case you can't tell. The Fed Ex man just described my beautiful princess as "handsome."

Sigh. Time to take her out of the green outfit and put her in yet another PINK affair. Perhaps if I glued bows in her hair?

1 comment:

Erica said...

Oh, I relate! Everyone thought Julie was a boy until her hair started to grow a little. Now everyone thinks Melody is a boy. One friend, who knows Melody is a girl, even said to me "she must look like her daddy...she has a boy face." Did I mention that this friend is Chinese?? She ought to have a trained eye, right? Sigh...