Thursday, July 24, 2008

Accept no substitutions...

We're leaving for the airport in a matter of 58 minutes or so. We're headed for the land of no humidity...Colorado!

Last night in an attempt to save time this morning, Danny and I packed and packed everything we wouldn't need today. We stayed up late to ready the house, water plants, print tickets and debate airport regulations concerning my lotion.

Before putting our little monkey to bed, I also took Todd, the very pink tiger to our room. He is securely packed away as I type this. I tried to explain to Reagan that Todd was going with us, that he needed to be packed and she would see him tomorrow.

In order to pacify her, I gave her a lavender-scented sheep and a soft, soft seagull flown in from San Francisco earlier this spring. They're both perfectly delightful bed mates and to my knowledge neither of them has parasites or a habit of hogging the covers. Should've been fine, right?

Wrong.

I tiptoed in to Reagan's room last night to acquire the baby monitor I'd forgotten and tripped over something squishy on the floor. A sheep body. A few feet further (and many, many feet from HRH's bed) I found the seagull. Our angel hurled these innocent creatures across the room after we left her.

If you can't sleep with Todd, don't sleep with anyone, I suppose.

No comments: