Friday, July 13, 2007

Be careful what you wish for…

Ok, so I won the popularity contest. Hands down, Reagan is a mama's girl. Naturally you assume this makes me very happy. I mean I'm selfish and like things my way and my ego needs stroked pretty much hourly so a baby loving me best is fabulous for me, right? Well, right. In so many ways, right. However, I'm in love with my husband, turns out and it's sad for me to see him rejected by a daughter he adores. Ru tolerates him but mostly she wants me. Plus my back hurts so badly. If she glances in my direction, my lower back heaves a big sigh and braces itself. She's got a cold so she's clingy and sweaty and produces the most amazing amount of green snot I've ever encountered in a human. It's very reminiscent of Ghostbusters. We got some real sleep last night by putting HRH in her stroller for the duration of the evening. She's now snoozing in her crib but when she starts to cough as we know she will, we'll have to get her vertical again. She coughs and cries and makes more snot. Despite all this, she's also very charming and FUNNY. She stands up and bends over at the waist and waves at Danny from between her legs. She adores being upside down. That wasn't on my list of things to ask her nannies but it should have been: "Is Reagan of the bat or opossum family?"

So she's sick and we'd appreciate your prayers. She's also teething and she chews on absolutely everything. I have teething rings, orajel, etc. I suspected she'd be teething and Jenn gave me a lifetime supply of bibs to contain the drool. I think if it were just the teething, we'd be ok. This sickness is what makes me so frustrated. We can't go to the doctor here but will wait for Guangzhou. Friends in the States did research for us and we now know of some western docs we can visit once we get there. Please pray for us as we fly tomorrow. Ru's never been on a plane and we've never been on a plane with a baby. Should prove interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait 'til she's walking and Danny can walk her up walls and across the ceiling, then we'll see who's No. 1 on the hit parade! (ME, for suggesting it!) I love your blogs!
Heidi