Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Home Sweet Airplane...

This is our last post from Guangzhou, China! If we have time, I'll post from the Hong Kong airport. We haven't been there in several years but if I remember correctly they have wireless. If not, we'll see you on the other side of the planet!

Today we're going to the gorgeous park across the street from our hotel. Then we're going to dress up our little baby girl and head over to the American Consulate. We'll raise our right hands and swear to love her forever (gee, that's tough) and then she'll be on her way to being an American citizen. I've already filled out her application and turned it in. We'll pick up her VISA and come back to the hotel for MAJOR packing job we have to do. The consulate appointment yesterday went without a hitch. Thank you for the prayers on our behalf. This was the last roadblock and we cleared it. Woot!!

Tomorrow we'll be boarding a plane to HK, then to Chicago and FINALLY Kansas City!! We're so excited to be home! I can drink straight from the tap if I want to! And we'll live in more than a hotel room. I won't do my dishes in a little plastic bowl which doubles as a Raman noodle container. Such luxury! We're ready to be home for sure. And I will have more than 3 pairs of pants and two skirts to choose from for clothing!! (This is imperative considering how much dried drool is on the clothes I'm currently wearing). Options are nice.

This entire experience has been amazing, emotional, challenging and glorious. I am so grateful for this precious gift. Reagan is absolutely the perfect fit for our family. She even likes jazz and is beebopping right now on her Daddy's knee, shoving Cheerios in her mouth, keeping rhythm in Starbucks.

Sorry we don't have time for more picture updating. You'll just have to wait for the real deal on Friday! Hope to see you all in the airport. Jenn and Blakely have airline details if you need them. Hopefully we won't be delayed. If we are, go home, by george. We understand and you'll get to meet our little princess later. She's gonna be around for awhile.

Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have loved reading about your adventure. The pictures and your comments make me feel like I already know Reagan. Welcome home!

Celia