Sunday, July 8, 2007

Now THIS is China

Ok, I feel better about China today. First of all, it wasn't one thousand degrees with four hundred percent humidity and that always helps. Secondly, we left the city today. We also worshipped this morning with other believers from literally all over the world. I can go into greater detail when we're home. We even took video of the experience. It was so amazing and I get teary just thinking about it again. Father's people are everywhere! Danny estimates we had 500 others with us this morning in our auditorium in the bilingual service and downstairs in an all English service there was at least that many. So cool.


So back to the weather and the countryside. It was cooler and moist still, of course but COOLER. We were in the mountains and everything was so green and misty and old. And we rode out to The Great Wall and that's not something one does every day. Danny climbed and climbed. I don't know. Maybe 450 million miles or so? I went about 10 million and stopped. You can translate that into non-Lisa language and get the idea. We both got t-shirts that say we climbed The Great Wall of China though I don't think Danny thinks I deserve mine. I did climb it…I just chose to stop before oxygen masks were necessary, that's all. He came back, over an hour later, drenched in sweat with a sweaty backpack on his shoulders and wanted to HUG ME. Yeah, right. I think I got some good videos and Daniel, obviously, took amazing photos. He's such an artist. We'll need more walls soon so we can display all his work/our travels. I stood on The Wall today and thought of my baby girl just a two-hour plane ride to the south. WOW. Life is good.

No comments: